- Shades the lens from stray light, improving contrast and image quality
- In inclement weather, it can assist in keeping moisture or wind-blown debris off the lens
- Protects the front barrel from the inevitable impacts against walls, door frames, and other real-life obstacles
- Made of high quality material
- LH-J49 replaces Olympus LH-49 lens hood
A lens hood is a must for every D-SLR photo enthusiast. A lens hood is primarily designed to avoid unwanted stray light from entering the lens by extending and shading the end of the lens. The bayonet connection makes attaching the lens hood to your lens very simple. In addition, since the end of the lens is extended, you also get the added benefit of some extra protection from accidental impact.
This lens hood is designed to replace the manufacturer branded version. A dedicated lens hood such as this, is specifically designed to match a lens or a number of lenses. Please take care when purchasing a lens hood for your lens, as some manufacturers have produced multiple versions of lenses with subtle changes to the lens model numbers and these lenses sometimes use different lens hoods. Just because the lens hood is designed for one lens does not mean it will fit a different version. If in doubt please check the manufacturers website to ensure you are purchasing the correct lens hood.